Terms & Conditions – Wheelie Bins
Terms & Conditions for the supply of refuse collection services
1. These are the standard terms and conditions which apply to any contract for refuse collection services between you (the customer) and NELMAC LIMITED (Nelmac) the provider.
2. While these terms and conditions may be changed from time to time, the terms which apply to your contract will be those that were current at the time your contract was confirmed.
3. By submitting your order for refuse collection services you will be bound by these terms and conditions. Any subsequent variation of these terms can only be made by agreement in writing.
4. The cost of services will be that which is set out on Nelmac’s website, which costs are current at the time your order is confirmed.
How to Pay
5. You can pay for your collection services by cheque, electronic transfer or by credit card. Credit card purchases can be made through our website.
Delivery of Bins
6. Once payment for your refuse collection service has been confirmed a suitable bin will be delivered for your chosen service within seven days.
7. Weekly collection services for 120 litre and 240 litre bins are rostered for separate geographic areas within Nelson. You will be advised of the appropriate collection date and time when your bin is delivered. You will be advised of any changes to those details through the local newspapers and/or Nelmac’s website from time to time. You may also be advised of any permanent changes to the scheduled dates for refuse collection by post. You can check with Nelmac directly by calling the office during normal working hours or consulting the website news section.
8. The cost and collection dates for larger bins including 660 litre and/or 1,100 litre bins will be determined by individual agreement and paid on invoice.
9. These terms and conditions shall be read subject to the terms of any such specific individual agreement.
What if I miss collection?
10. If you miss the collection date and time please contact Nelmac and we will try and arrange for collection if that is reasonably practical. If we determine that it is not reasonably practical to collect your refuse you will need to wait for the next collection date or make your own arrangements for disposal of refuse.
11.1 Nelmac will uplift your refuse from the bin which is placed either on the kerbside of the nominated address (or at any other location for collection specified in advance) at the time and date stipulated for collection.
11.2 Nelmac will take care not to damage the bin and empty the bin completely before returning it to the customer.
11.3 The bin will be returned to the same position by Nelmac for collection by the customer.
12. The customer will;
(a) not fill the bin above the level of the rim
(b) ensure the bin does not contain any hazardous waste including any solvents or solids which are toxic, flammable, explosive or corrosive and/or which may be harmful to Nelmac staff or the environment.
(c) not use or allow the bins to be used for any purpose other than the collection and storage of non-hazardous waste.
(d) not allow any fire to be set or started in a bin or allow hot ashes or oxidising agents to be placed in any bin.
(e) to ensure the bin is maintained in a satisfactory state of repair.
(f) ensure that where any alternative location for collection is specified that clear and unimpeded access is available.
Where the customer is in breach of any one or more of the obligations listed above, Nelmac (without limiting its other remedies) may decline to uplift the refuse.
13.1. Where the bin is rented and Nelmac retains ownership of the bin, the customer will be liable for any damage, destruction or loss of the bin (fair wear and tear excepted).
13.2. Where the customer in contravention of the terms of this agreement allows the bin to contain any hazardous waste the customer will be liable for the cost of containment and disposal of that waste and any necessary repair or reinstatement of the bin and/or equipment as well as any penalties or liability incurred by Nelmac in the process of disposal or attempted disposal of the hazardous waste.
14. Where collection dates fall on public holidays Nelmac will advise clients in advance of any alternative collection dates by notice in the local newspaper and/or through the website. If customers are unsure of the correct collection date they may check with Nelmac through its website or contact its offices directly during normal working hours.
Refunds & Returns Policy
15. No refunds will be issued.
16. You have provided personal information to Nelmac in the course of ordering your refuse collection services and providing payment. Nelmac will not use any personal information that it has collected by this means for any purpose other than that for which it was provided. The customer is entitled to obtain copies of such information on request and to ask for correction of such information if necessary.
17. The contract for the provision of refuse collection services will be governed by the laws of New Zealand. All payments will be made in NZ$. If any part of this agreement is held to unenforceable the balance of the agreement shall remain in full force.
These terms were published 1 March 2013.