Local Government Conservation
Nelmac’s Conservation & Ecology team prides itself on providing innovative and practical solutions to ecological matters, based on sound applied science.
We have the capability to work across the full range of project types e.g. farmland, deep bush, green space, rivers and waterways. Nelmac has a track record of delivering high quality and cost effective services, which comes from many years of experience. Our team provides:
- Waterway and coastal enhancement and restoration
- Riverbank vegetation control, including river debris removal
- Drainage and stormwater maintenance and care
- Cycle track planning, construction and maintenance
- Conservation Reserve and green space maintenance
- Native revegetation, planting and maintenance
- Ecological restoration of land
- Noxious weed control and removal
- Pest control
- Biosecurity services
Nelmac’s ethos is that a focus on sustainability does, in fact, make good business sense. Often sustainability is regarded as an environmental issue when it is actually much wider than that. We believe we have a responsibility to operate a financially sustainable business which is socially responsible, respects the environment and cares about tomorrow.
An exciting development for Nelmac is a partnership with the Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology, which will see graduates from the Trainee Ranger Certificate course offered employment with Nelmac. This programme delivers graduates trained in conservation and recreation management skills.